Manager of Government & Public Affairs @ AmCham Taipei
Manager of Government & Public Affairs
Organization: The American Chamber of Commerce in Taipei (www.amcham.com.tw)
- Conducting research and providing analysis on legislative, regulative, and enforcement issues.
- Play a key role in creating one of AmCham's major annual projects – the Taiwan White Paper, a bilingual report summarizing AmCham’s policy recommendations.
- Facilitate meetings with the government agencies for the Chamber members.
- Build & deepen relationships based on trust and mutual respect with officials in the Taiwan and U.S. governments.
- Monitor media coverage and manage the Chamber’s relations with the press.
- Assist in the invitation of government invitees to the Hsieh Nien Fan banquet – AmCham's biggest annual social event.
- Help organize the annual “CEO Mission” trip to Washington, DC., and possibly assist in staffing the trip.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, public policy, business, international relations, journalism, public relations or other relevant fieldsin the liberal arts that emphasize analytical thinking, communication and persuasion.
- Fluency in Mandarin and advanced English skills (spoken and written).
- Multi-tasking talents and an ability to work well with a team.
- Detail-oriented, fast-learner who is calm under pressure.
- Graduate degree in political science, public policy, business, international relations, journalism, public relations or other relevant fields -- or three to four years of work experience in the private or public sector.
- Experience working in an international workplace or living abroad.
Senior Director of Finance, Administration & Special Initiatives at AmCham Taipei